In Die Mittelländische Zeitung, a Swiss doctor criticizes Switzerland’s preparations and response to Covid-19. He points to
- Lack of preparation by political decision makers
- Misleading communication by federal health officials
- Their apparent lack of awareness of academic work on the topic
- Arrogance in Switzerland and the West vis-à-vis China and other far eastern countries
- Sensationalist scare mongering in the media
- Calls for systematic infection of groups that are less at risk
Informative as far as medical aspects are concerned. Not convincing when criticizing statistical approaches to grasping the problem. Questionable as far as ex-post validation of eight studies and calls for action are concerned.