MA course at the University of Bern.
Uni Bern’s official course page:
- This course covers macroeconomic theories of fiscal policy (including tax and debt policy) and the interaction between fiscal and monetary policy. Participants should be familiar with the material covered in the course Macroeconomics II. The course grade reflects the final exam grade.
- Monday, 12.15 – 14.00 h
- 1st exam: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12.15 – 14.00h
- 2nd exam: Monday, September 12, 2022, 12.15 – 14.00h
The classes follow selected chapters in the textbook Macroeconomic Analysis (MIT Press, 2019) and build on the material covered in the macro II course which follows the same text. Table of contents of the book. Page with more information about the book and exercises.
- RA model with government spending and taxes.
- Government debt in RA model.
- Government debt and social security in OLG model.
- Neutrality results.
- Consolidated government budget constraint.
- Fiscal effects on inflation. Game of chicken.
- FTPL. Active and passive policies.
- Tax smoothing.
- Time consistent policy.
- Sovereign debt.