MA course at the University of Bern.
The classes follow selected chapters in the textbook Macroeconomic Analysis (MIT Press, 2019) and build on the material covered in the macro II course which follows the same text. Table of contents of the book. Uni Bern’s official course page.
- RA model with government spending and taxes.
- Government debt in RA model.
- Government debt and social security in OLG model.
- Neutrality results.
- Consolidated government budget constraint.
- Fiscal effects on inflation. Game of chicken.
- FTPL. Active and passive policies.
- Tax smoothing.
- Time consistent policy.
- Sovereign debt.