In the Irish Times, Colin Gleeson summarizes the findings and recommendations of the main Report of the Oireachtas Banking Inquiry. They are:
- Incentives were distorted.
- Banks and the property sector ran out of control.
- Regulators were too optimistic.
- “IMF favoured imposing losses on senior bond holders in October/November 2010.”
- “No Troika programme agreed in November 2010 if Government burned senior bond holders.”
- “ECB position contributed to inappropriate placing of significant banking debts on Irish citizens.”