The history of the “New Castle,” the home of the Study Center Gerzensee, goes back to 1700 when a belvedere – built in French baroque style on the slopes of the Belpberg in the community of Gerzensee – was raised by Samuel Morlot. Over the centuries, many families owned the property before the Swiss National Bank acquired it in 1980. Four years later, the foundation Study Center Gerzensee was established and the Swiss National Bank transferred the manor house and surrounding real estate to the foundation. The first courses at the Study Center took place in 1986.
A brochure (in German) that was published on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Study Center reviews the history of the “New Castle.”