At an MIT book launch in Zurich, David Shrier and Alex Pentland advertized a new book co-edited by them, “New Solutions for Cybersecurity.” Some takeaways from the event:
- The really dangerous cyber attacks are yet to come.
- All major governments are directly or indirectly involved.
- A promising strategy of minimizing risks relies on (i) continuous encryption; (ii) no central storage of data but case by case requests for data; and (iii) log queries to manage/monitor access.
- The European General Data Protection Regulation is helpful.
- Cybersecurity is big business.